Middlepath FC was created in the spring of 2003 as a separate set of teams of LaGrange Soccer League, Inc. By the spring of 2007, Middlepath FC had grown to field nine premier level teams which have been competing in eastern regional premier leagues, high level premier and USClub soccer national tournaments. In the spring of 2006, Middlepath FC had one team make it to the USClub National Finals. This was followed by 5 of our teams being ranked in the top ten teams in eastern New York in their respective age groups in 2007.
The Middlepath Way
The Middlepath way is the ability to stay centered, balanced and focused when encountering all situations in life.
The mission of Middlepath FC is to identify the top youth soccer players in the region and provide them with a comprehensive training and competitive playing environment that will enhance the skills of these committed soccer players.
Middlepath is committed to the development of the individual player and the development of the team at each age level. With this in mind, the club believes it is in the best interest that, wherever possible, every child plays on age with the appropriate age group team. However, should a particular age group team request to play up an age group at a particular tournament and the coach and the appropriate Middlepath officer(s) believe this to be beneficial to both the team and the individual members of the team, this will be permitted. In addition, a player may, for a specific one-off (one time only) tournament, be invited to "guest" for an older team if and when the need to add players to the roster is required. This policy will be enforced beginning with the 1992-93 age group team and continue with subsequent teams.
One of our goals is to train and develop the top players in the New York region. We will practice discipline, control, and mindfulness on and off the soccer field and create an environment where the top players can continue to compete under the watchful eyes of some of the best coaches in the region. We want our players to develop an advanced knowledge of tactics and techniques that will help them reach their athletic potential. With this philosophy we hope to expand the growth of soccer in our region.
The Middlepath Advantage
More details . . . on why to select Middlepath as your Premier Soccer option.
Players, Parents & Coaches Rights & Responsibilities
- Middlepath players have the right to the highest level of training that is on the cutting edge of competitive soccer.
- Middlepath players have the right to train and play in a positive environment that will nourish both their mind and body.
- Middlepath parents have the right to discuss their child's development with the coaching staff, at the appropriate time and place.
- Middlepath coaches have the right to train their players and team as they best see fit, with full support from players and parents.
- Middlepath coaching staff and administrators will always think and act on behalf of their player's safety and well being above all else, including winning.
- During all training and competitions anyone associated with Middlepath will always act in a manner that will define the clubs high standards of honor and sportsmanship.
- All coaches, administrators, players and parents associated with Middlepath are human; as a result humans are of the nature to make errors. If one errs they must work hard to correct that error so as to minimize its effect on those involved.
The Middlepath Handbook
The Middlepath Handbook is an abreviated version of the handbook that all players and parents receive detailing the expectations of being part of the Middlepath program.